Thursday, June 21, 2007

Jinxed

In my haste to post last evening (you will recall I had a veeeeery long day and was longing for an Appletini*) I believe I may have inadvertently put the kibosh on the Scorpions' offensive juggernaut I had been so highly touting early in the game!

Much to my horror, I awoke this morning to learn that our boys suffered a 5-4 defeat at the hands of the LBALAUSNAIBA. I take full responsibility for the loss as I neglected to include the phrase 'knock wood' in that post.

My compliments to fellow NYer Steve Soja (2-1). Even though he suffered his first loss of the season last night his ERA is still, in my opinion, spectacular. I'd like to see more SO and less H, though. Wouldn't we all!

Today the club travels to Fullerton to take on Templeton's OC Flyers, whom (off the top of my head), I believe, are second in the standings. This could prove to be an interesting matchup. Game time 7:05, AM560 KBLU.

*Not only did I have a tasty Appletini (I recommend Stolichnaya), okay two, but I actually had a date! (Memo to Pat Brown, should he be reading: I was not set up on said date by my girlfriend, who has set me up with so many losers in the past. And, yes, she's still my BFF even if she, as you wondered, must secretly hate me!)

1 comment:

Keith K. said...

Wow, the team is human after all! For a while it looked like they might be 75-1 :)